*Space is limited in these career classes. Students enrolling as 9th, 10th, or 11th graders and signing up for this career area are guaranteed a seat when course work begins each grade level.
- Introduction to the basic skills in four major public safety areas: Criminal Justice, Firefighting, Emergency Medical Technician, and Emergency Management System.
- Receive three levels of training that address the certification program required by all firefighters in North Carolina.
- Uses the curriculum from the Department of Labor, Office of the State Fire Marshall.
- Course work is administered through modules that are necessary to meet the requirement for the nationally recognized Firefighter I/II Certification.
- Courses include Fire Department Orientation & Safety, Fire Prevention Education, Fire Alarms & Communications, Portable Extinguishers, Personal Protective Equipment, Fire Behavior and Fire Hose, Streams & Appliances.
- Gain skills that lead to related occupations such as emergency response, emergency medical technician, paramedic, police, detective /investigator, and fire inspector.